Doctor of Biblical Studies
Doctor of Biblical Studies Program (DBS.)
This is 48 credit hour program leading to a doctoral degree in Biblical Studies (DBS .). No dissertation is required for this program.
The purpose Doctor of Biblical Studies (DBS.) program is to provide the candidate with an advanced competencies and biblical insights through in the helping profession, preparation and observation for those actively involved in vocational Christian ministry of counseling. Cornerstone focuses on knowledge and understanding rather the actual degree itself. For this purpose, CCU’s requirements and standards are slightly higher without any additional cost to you. From the start of your first course up to your graduation you’ll know your interest, perception, and desire are biblically oriented and intellectually stimulated and you’ll be humbly proud of your education and the degree up on your wall.
Contextually speaking, apart from a stated regulate licensure; individual Graduated from the Biblical Studies will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding and integration of ministry in relation to the biblical studies, academic, and educational disciplines.
- Articulate and apply a comprehensive and critical philosophy of ministry.
- Demonstrate advanced competencies in the areas of critical thinking, Research and Writing, Biblical studies, Biblical
- Communication, Administration/Education Leadership, and Great Commission Strategies.
- Plan, implement, and critically evaluate major undertakings in ministry toward the fulfillment of the Great Commission and the Great Commandment.
- Evaluate personal, spiritual, and professional development and design a plan for lifelong learning.
God and World in the Old Testament
Encountering the book of Hebrews
Evangelical faith and the challenge of historical criticism
Christology: A Biblical, Historical, and Systematic Study of Jesus
The Samaritan Pentateuch
Inner Grace: Augustine in the Traditions of Plato and Paul
The Bible in History
The Status of Women in Jewish Tradition
The Text of the New Testament
The Prophets of Israel