DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN CHRISTIAN PSYCHOLOGY AND COUNSELING
Doctor of Philosophy in Christian Psychology and Counseling (PHD 64-credit hours)
The purpose for this professional Doctor of Philosophy in Christian Psychology and Counseling (PHD) program is to provide the candidate with an advanced competencies and biblical insights through the teaching, preparation and observation for those actively involved in vocational Christian ministry of education.
This program provides the biblical, theological, and practical education required to provide leadership in a church-counseling center or in an independent lay counseling ministry. It is not intended to prepare individuals for a State Licensure but will qualify the candidates for organizational professional licensed counseling credential.
Graduates of the Doctor of Philosophy in Christian Psychology and Counseling (PHD) program will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding and integration of ministry in relation to the biblical, theological, academic, and educational disciplines.
- Articulate and apply a comprehensive and critical philosophy of ministry.
- Demonstrate advanced competencies in the areas of critical thinking, Research and Writing, Biblical Theology, Biblical Communication, Administration/Education Leadership, and Great Commission Strategies.
- Plan, implement, and critically evaluate major undertakings in ministry toward the fulfillment of the Great Commission and the Great Commandment.
- Evaluate personal, spiritual, and professional development and design a plan for lifelong learning.
An Online PHD Degree Based on Biblical Principles and Values, Designed Specifically for those who are highly functional with a higher learning and independent conceptual mindset.
The Doctor of Philosophy in Christian Psychology and Counseling (PHD) degree provides individuals with the opportunity to develop advanced research skills using the flexibility and convenience of distance learning aptitude. The curriculum consists of 64-84 hours of study and provides a solid foundation in major business functional areas. Ethical psychological and counseling leadership, information literacy, speaking, writing, and interpersonal skills are emphasized throughout the curriculum. This program is available to qualified PHD candidates both in North American and internationally.
Introduction to Biblical Hermeneutics
Christian Apologetics (Norman)
Research Methods and Concepts
Research in Clinical and Counseling Psychology
Introduction to Psychology
Introduction to Psychology and Counseling
Psychology and Christianity
Crisis and Trauma Counseling
Sexuality and Our Diversity
Principles of Social Psychology
The Premarital Counseling
Marriage and Family Counseling
Psychology and Religion
Principles of Sociological
Counseling Ethics and Decision
Counseling Troubled Teens and Their Families
Psychology of Religious Behaviour